Quick Painting Studies Workshop
with Chris Leib
2 days - Jan 18 and 19. 2020
Sat. 12.30 to 5 p.m.
Sun. 1 to 4 p.m.
54 € - we provide colors
65 € with all material provided
"I developed this class to provide a practical immersion in oil painting that's great for beginners, as well as experienced artists looking to hone their abilities and confidence with painting.
When I started making quick paintings everyday I found it rapidly improved my understanding of color and how to paint at an intuitive level. It gave me confidence in my tools which quickly translated into confidence in ability. In this class students will learn basic quick painting techniques in oil paint, brush handling, and the ability to edit and improve their work. I will guide you through the daunting task of completing a painting and turn it into a loved exercise in creative practice."
WHY Quick Painting?
- Economy of Brush Stroke
- Editing / Make decisions
- EXPERIMENTATION —> Value, Composition, Materials, Brush handling
- develop visual vocabulary
- enhance understanding of naturalistic colors
- oil colors - can bring yours or share the one in the studio
- brushes are provided
- palette - cheap photo frame with white background will be enough
- Support will be prepared ( with a basic tone ) and provided by the teacher - bring 5 € extra for this.
You can buy/ bring colors, palette and brushes or ask us to provide them .